Many people believe that white socks are better for the feet than dark socks. This thinking may actually have more to do with the fabric than colour, since we tend to associate white socks with cotton and we tend to think of cotton as being more natural and healthier than other fabrics.
But the truth is that cotton blends and certain new synthetic fabrics keep feet drier and cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter .Many people believe that white socks are better for the feet than dark socks.
This thinking may actually have more to do with the fabric than colour, since we tend to associate white socks with cotton and we tend to thin k of cotton as being more natural and healthier than other fabrics. But the truth is that cotton blends and certain new synthetic fabrics keep feet drier and cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
This is important, since dry feet are less prone to blisters, infections, athlete's foot, and foul odor.
Du Pont makes a fabric called CoolMax that is excellent at wicking moisture from the skin. There are several other friendly brands as well, including Smart Wool, New Balance and Wigwam.Another common belief is that it is good to soak your feet in water.
Like many things, soaking the feet can be good-if done in moderation.But excessive foot soaking can overhydrate the skin, weakining it and making it more vulnerable to injury. Paradoxically, excessive soaking or bathing, particularly if soap is used, removes the natural oils of the skin that help retain moisture, causing the feet to become dry.
Reference: Great Feet For Life: paul Langer, DPM
Articles - Latest
- Ad Agency Remote
- 'Works like a charm' Get rid of bad smells from shoes during hot weather using baking soda
- How to care for your nails when you get Shellac on a regular basis
- Glitter, filler and neon French tips: The death of natural beauty
- Readers reply: what are the evolutionary purpose of toenails?
- 3 causes of foot pain and how to fix them
- Foot Conditions and Injuries: Overuse and Acute Injuries - Great Feet for Life
- Foot Conditions and Injuries: Great Feet for Life
- Appointment Book - Tec Nails
- Start To Succeed - Tec Nails
- Introduction to Nail Techniques
- Tech Nails-Introduction
- UK hairdressers must learn to cut and style Afro hair, say new beauty regulations
- Home Remedies For Fungal Nails
- Fungal Nails - Treatment Of Fungal Nails
- Fungal Nails
- Ingrowing Toe Nails - 2 - painful Bleeding
- Ingrowing Toe Nails
- Loose Nails
- Brittle Nails, Ridging, and Pitting
- Common Toenail Conditions - Changes in Nail Shape
- Common Toenail Conditions - Bleeding Under The Nail
- Common Toenail Conditions - Changes in Nail Colour
- Common Toenail Conditions
- Professional Nail Care Services
- Calluses and Corns-4-Padding and Insoles To relieve Pressure
- Appreciate Your Feet
- WEB - LINKS
- Therapy Price List- Aromatherapy - Counselling
- Gallery - Pedicured Feet
- The Awareness of Foot Care
- Join us as a Therapist
- Nail Technician Resume
- Podiatry/Chiropody Price List
- TCM - Therapy Prices
- Nail Technician Job Description
- Skin Care-Feet
- Bacterial Infections
- Itching Skin on the Feet
- Blisters on the Feet
- Sweaty or Smelly Feet
- Athlete's Foot
- Skin Changes Associated with Blood Flow
- Calluses and Corns - 2
- Beauty therapist shares horror after client reveals she went to appointment despite having coronavirus