As with any task, the job of caring for your nails is much easier if you have the proper tools. Of course, the basic tool you will need is a clipper. The traditional toenail clipper is a larger version of the fingernail clipper. A small toenail clipper will work well on healthy nails of normal thickness.
As with any task, the job of caring for your nails is much easier if you have the proper tools. Of course, the basic tool you will need is a clipper. The traditional toenail clipper is a larger version of the fingernail clipper. A small toenail clipper will work well on healthy nails of normal thickn ess.
Larger, pliers - shaped clippers are better for trimming thick nails. Those with a spring mechanism tend to have the best cutting power.
The cost of the clipper will vary according to its quality. The more expensive clippers can be sharpened. Less expensive clippers should be replaced when they become dull.
Emery boards or fine nail files are handy nail care tools. They can smooth rough nail edgs, round off nail corners and, in some cases, used to reduce the thickness of problem nails. ( As noted previously,
Emery boards also work well for reducing the thickness of calluses between toes.) Most emery boards and nail files ae inexpensive and can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Power pedicure kits are relatively new to the nonprofessional footcare market. They can range inprice from twenty dollars to more than a hundred dollars. Pedicure kits contain a power rotary device with attachments for thinning grinding and buffing the nails. Some have an attachmentfor treating calluses as well.
The kits are especially helpful for trimming thick nails that are too difficult to cut with a clipper. If you use a rotary device, be very careful not to in jure the nail, nail bed, and the skin around the nail.
Moisturizing nails before treatment will help to decrease the heat that tends to build up during the thinning process.Moving the device back and forth over the nail so that the heat does not build up in one area can also reduce the risk of injury. For extremely thick toe nails, thinning and grinding is more safetly done over the course of multiple treatments.
Because grinding the toenails can create an aerosol of fungal and nail dust that can cause lung or eye problems, you may want to seek out a professional with proper safety equipment to perform this nail care service for you.
ReferenceL Great Feet For Life: Paul Langer, DPM
Articles - Latest
- Readers reply: what are the evolutionary purpose of toenails?
- 3 causes of foot pain and how to fix them
- Foot Conditions and Injuries: Overuse and Acute Injuries - Great Feet for Life
- Foot Conditions and Injuries: Great Feet for Life
- Appointment Book - Tec Nails
- Start To Succeed - Tec Nails
- Introduction to Nail Techniques
- Tech Nails-Introduction
- UK hairdressers must learn to cut and style Afro hair, say new beauty regulations
- Home Remedies For Fungal Nails
- Fungal Nails - Treatment Of Fungal Nails
- Fungal Nails
- Ingrowing Toe Nails - 2 - painful Bleeding
- Ingrowing Toe Nails
- Loose Nails
- Brittle Nails, Ridging, and Pitting
- Common Toenail Conditions - Changes in Nail Shape
- Common Toenail Conditions - Bleeding Under The Nail
- Common Toenail Conditions - Changes in Nail Colour
- Common Toenail Conditions
- Professional Nail Care Services
- Nail Trimming: Great Feet For Life
- Nail Tools
- Nail care - 2
- Nail care
- Calluses and Corns-4-Padding and Insoles To relieve Pressure
- Appreciate Your Feet
- WEB - LINKS
- Therapy Price List- Aromatherapy - Counselling
- Gallery - Pedicured Feet
- The Awareness of Foot Care
- Join us as a Therapist
- Nail Technician Resume
- Podiatry/Chiropody Price List
- TCM - Therapy Prices
- Nail Technician Job Description
- Skin Care-Feet
- Bacterial Infections
- Itching Skin on the Feet
- Blisters on the Feet
- Sweaty or Smelly Feet
- Athlete's Foot
- Skin Changes Associated with Blood Flow
- Calluses and Corns - 2
- Beauty therapist shares horror after client reveals she went to appointment despite having coronavirus